It's a good thing that I'm slammed lately because it takes my mind off the little race I'm doing in 18 days. ;-P
Not much to tell but I've come to one conclusion, my "injury" doesn't like hills but as long as I'm running flat I'm A OK. So very glad we didn't jump on the "Frostbite 1/2" bandwagon. That course is hilly with too many changes in terrain & I would have been nuts to do it this weekend.
Thank God, NOLA is flat....flat as a pancake. A friend who did a half ironman told me that it REALLY is FLAT because he ran 13.1 on a good portion of it on the marathon course.
Dr. Holmes called me yesterday. He reassured me that I am going to be fine because I've not had time to lose any conditioning. The fact that I ran ALL my long runs at an 8:50-9:10 pace through this training cycle should make me ACE it even with a slightly longer taper than I wanted. He's offered to give me another shot a few days before we leave if I need one. He is AWESOME!
Only time will tell & honestly I figure the worst that can happen is that I don't BQ but get a huge PR. I'm not even allowing myself to think that way. I know I have it in me. I feel like I have everyone I know praying & crossing their fingers. We've even joked that Joe, Jayson, & Roy will carry me if they have to... LOL! I think the run that gave me the most confidence was the very wet & rainy, 66 degree 20 miler. Yes, I had a 9:09 pace for that but it wasn't a flat training run at all. I believe I can do this as long as the temp doesn't get crazy warm. I've not even had time to check the weather down there lately.
I ran 4 HILLY miles (8:56 pace) in our 'hood on Monday. It fired up the injury a bit.
Yesterday, I ran 5 flat (9:00 pace due to getting stuck in the mud on a soccer field) & never had one tinsy bit of pain. Today I feel GREAT!
This afternoon I'm running at least 5 or 6 & 3.1 of it will be just above 10k pace. (I don't really know my 10k pace right now so I'm guessing...) NO HILLS WILL BE INVOLVED!
Our running club is doing an "unsanctioned event" tonight & giving away a lot of stuff. You don't even have to place in your age group to get anything.
This weekend we're running 15 flat in Shelby park. I can't wait! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment