Friday, February 1, 2013

January was a productive month!

I ran 157.56 quality miles...every mile with a purpose.
My overall pace was 9:07 for those miles. I'm actually shocked!  ;-)

How am I feeling?  I feel like I can run 8 miles pretty easily tomorrow morning at well below marathon race pace & that's exactly what I'm going to do.  I was looking forward to our last, BIG, long run but this will have to do until this little "niggle" is completely gone. The doc told me to ice it after every single run until race day & then ice the crap out of it after the marathon. I have ZERO pain today.  As a matter of fact, as long as I don't sit too long at my desk, keep moving around, the better it has felt this week.  You would think with all the yoga I've been doing that this wouldn't have come up but the best laid "uninjured" plans can sometimes get derailed. After tomorow's 8, I'll determine what to do on Sunday & every day after that.  We are now down to 23 days till race day.  The worst case scenario is that I have to cancel the trip, do rehab exercises, redo the long runs, & run in Michigan or Carmel, IN.  At this point I really don't see that happening.  We will just see how things go over the next week or so.  We have several folks running with us in the morning. Let's hope this ice doesn't make anyone fall.  I told Traci I was going to bubble wrap myself!  ;-P

No comments: