Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Keep Calm, Taper & Eat...

Yesterday I got in 7 flat miles (flat for here anyway) at an 8:47 pace. (ran in shorts for once!)
I had thought about doing a tempo run but there's no need to at this point & besides why wake the quiet little "niggle" that's not bothered me in well over a week now.
Those of us that are going to NOLA are a bit nervous, one of us is doing a full marathon for the first time & two of us are going for HUGE PRs. 
In the meantime I'm still logging what I eat & luckily the weight hasn't budged. I even allowed myself girl scout cookies & chinese food this week. Gasp!
Ever since I met the weight goal last June, I've allowed for a few days here & there scattered with "treats".  I only denied myself the occasional "bad" stuff when I was trying to get to my goal.
Maintaining has been so easy even on weeks where I didn't run that much.
I'm very close to meeting my 1 year anniversary on myfitnesspal.  ;-) 

Tonight we're running with Lauren....6 miles at her planned 1/2 marathon pace...then I will eat chicken tacos at Campo Azul.  YUM!

No comments: