Sunday, April 7, 2013

Cross training & testing the tired legs...

I did my weights at the gym. (I do them once a week EVERY week)
I spun my legs out for 35 minutes & did some IT Band/Glute exercises.

I later ran 5 miles with Joe in our 'hood.  At first I thought it should be recovery but then I thought...."let's test the tired legs & I did..."  I don't really consider this tempo because it just felt easier to me than tempo but who knows what tempo is to me anymore, really.  I did Erin's yoga class to stretch everything out.  I feel pretty great after inhaling a Burger Republic black n' blue turkey burger.  Craving protein = muscle repair. 

5 miles - 8:48 pace - 43:58
Mile 1- 10:12 down & UP over a hill to get warmed up
Mile 2-8:34
Mile 3-8:26
Mile 4-8:12
Mile 5-8:38

Tomorrow, I'm running an easy 2 miles or so then joining the speedwork group for their "relay" if it's not something that's going to be WAY too fast.  I'll make that judgement call when I get the email explaining the work out.  (and of course I need to fit in P90X ab ripper tomorrow)

I can't wait to incorporate some of my favorite dvds into my weekly workouts again. 

No comments: