We had a quiet Easter weekend. Always love going to the service at MTSU's Murphy Center....this year they had a guy from that "Duck Dynasty" show. We've never seen it but he was pretty inspirational & certainly entertaining.
Yesterday, we did 3 easy miles at a 9:11 pace. It really should've been slower but I was in my cw-x tights & those things feel amazing. By mile 3 my legs wanted to take off. Pam P. calls them magic tights. LOL! I wore them for probably 4 hours to help with recovery. I feel awesome today due to the tights, ice baths, yoga, etc... I do not have any 2nd day soreness whatsoever! Woot!
Lately I've been reading this blog. She is too funny & she's easily become my favorite to read.
She's my age & oh so very entertaining. Check her out!
Today, Joe & I are doing 8 miles at marathon pace after work. I'm only to do around 34 miles this week.
I can't believe we will be caravaning with our run club in 18 days back up to Carmel, Indiana. Has it really been a whole year!? My God, my running has come a very long way in a year.
I have to say sticking with myfitnesspal, staying on top of my week day runs, my weekend runs, strength training, yoga, etc....it's made all the difference in my body. It will be interesting to see what it will do April 20th....8 weeks after the New Orleans Marathon. Feeling this awesome after a 20 miler makes me feel hopeful at least. We will have some runners with us this year who are doing their first full marathon. If I remember correctly, Wendy, Zack, Stephanie, Keith, & Lauren C. are all going to become marathoners that day. They've worked their tails off & it will be pretty exciting to see them accomplish their goals.
I am still beyond excited about running the CIM in December. It will be a birthday gift to myself & our anniversary trip all rolled into one. We have a couple from the club that have already registered & two more gals who are thinking about it. It's going to be a GREAT trip!
1 comment:
awesome, I hope you have a great trip!
Post a Comment