Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ahhh, coooooollll dooowwwnnnnn....

I LOVE the cool down. My legs love the cool down. My body does NOT have to work near as hard to run because of the cool down.

I got in a nice little cross training night Tues night. The usual elliptical for an hour, light legs weights, free weights for my arms, yoga ball crunches, and I stretched. It always feels so good but not as good as tonight's cool down....my recently miserable pace dropped a little and I felt pretty darn good. I ran 11.5 miles in 1:49:45 (9.33 pace). I probably should have pushed it a little harder but I ran the first 3 miles while it was still pretty warm and the sun was still up so I took it easy. As soon as the sun started going down and the temp dropped, the pace started dropping. What I would have given for this weather this past Sat morning or on Sept 22nd. :(

Tomorrow, I'll probably do a 5 or 6 mile recovery run around my neighborhood and a little bit of cross training at the gym. Friday will definitely be a rest day. Sat should make for a great morning for my 15 miles. I have to find some time to clean out the attic this weekend. I've got some much needed organizing to do around here.

Debating whether I want to do the Team Nashville Half...part of it is on a cinder trail. I've had a few people tell me they didn't care much for that trail. I'm also wondering if I want to do the Halloween Hunt 5 miler at Long Hunter State park. I think I've got a 15 miler scheduled for that particular weekend. As October rolls on by us, I realize.....the holidays will be here soon and I've got something going on nearly every single weekend. Yikes!!!!

1 comment:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Yay for the cooldown!!

I've done the Team Nashville Half for the past 2 years, but I won't get to do it this year, as I'll be in PCB volunteering for IMFL. The cinder trail will get your shoes AND socks dirty, but it's still a good race. 3 big hills, so it's fairly challenging, but the weather is usually cool and it's a pretty course. And the t-shirt has always been a technical shirt - the first year it was long sleeved - and I still wear it all the time.