Dodging cars, adults, kids, and a few runners (believe it or not) made for an interesting Wed night training run. I did 8.6 miles in 1:19:45. Still slower than I'd like, but oh well, I wasn't racing it and I was watching my stride, my form, and everything around me. About mile 2.5 the spooks started coming out in Macon. Mostly younger children with their parents. Too cute! As it got darker, the bigger kids came out. Bigger than ME! Trick or Treating. I almost ran into a boy about twice my size talking on a cell phone. They were everywhere....walking, running, in golf carts, on bikes. I don't recall ever running on Halloween night before but I could be wrong. Seems like I've always been at home or at the gym or it was a weekend night.
My hip feels a little tender but I'm about to jump in the floor and stretch so we'll see. This is the longest run I've done in exactly 2 weeks. Two weeks ago tonight, I had a sleepless, painful night. I pray I don't tonight. Depending on how I feel after work friday, I will attempt 12-14 miles. Tomorrow, I may just do some quick cross training. Gotta cook for another birthday party at work. Ugh! Tis the season for the Sales & Marketing Birthdays and holiday lunches.
No comments:
Post a Comment