I think I got maybe 2 hrs here & 2 hrs there for a combined total of maybe 4 hrs sleep last night. I could NOT get comfortable. My left hip hurts deep in the tissue. Ever since last Wed/Thur, it's been a very slight pain & lets face it, if I let a little slight pain slow me down, I would never run/train for anything. Of course, I felt pain in both hips Sat out at the lake. Kirby worked me over Monday after work. No pain Mon or Tues, although, Bob (in accounting) said I had the look of pain as I walked up the stairs on Monday...ummmm.... Why are some of us(myself!) so prone to ignoring signs of pain?
I've decided after getting so little sleep last night that I'm due two days of NON-RUNNING activities. Depending on how much caffiene I get in me & how I feel after work, I may try to crosstrain at the gym. I had planned 5 rec miles around my neighborhood but that's not happening. I ran out East area last night my planned 10 miles but the first 3-4 miles were almost excruciating. I could not get my calves to loosen up & then there was the hip pain, mostly in my left hip. I kept going & going & thinking that I should cut it off at 8 miles & I didn't....I kept going. I finally hit 10 miles SLOWLY at my car in front of East. An old friend, Christy Glenn, was there dropping off her daughter for cheerleading practice. I hopped in her car & we played "catch up" with each other. It was nice! I've known Christy since the dawn of time! :) I told her about my hip pain & she said, "sciatic nerve" but everything I read points to back injuries when I look up sciatic nerve issues. My back feels fine. It also points to pain in the legs. Well, my calves have always had the tendency to be very tight & they really do NOT hurt. I'll keep worrying about this if Sat morning rolls around & my left hip is still hurting.
As I tossed & turned trying to get comfortable last night, I thought about EVERYTHING. Where my life is going, where I want it to go, the holiday travel I have coming up, the Rocket City marathon, 2 friends that have tested my friendship the last few months, how there are NO men within 100 miles of me that are "my type", and I realize, "I think too damn much!" ha!
If the hip keeps me awake tonight, I'm taking a sleeping pill. I'm not allowing myself to stress about this anymore. My 2 best marathons were done without any 20 milers at all. (not saying I don't need them, but...) If I only get in 2 - 20 mile training runs before Rocket City then so be it.
TGITHURSDAY (Grey's Anatomy!)
No comments:
Post a Comment