Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I helped make a "quota" today!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't even going to post today but it started out so CRAPPY. First of all, in the last 2 months I've had this feeling that something was going to happen to my car. I've paid it off and I've just had this gut feeling something was going to happen, an accident, a speeding ticket, etc... Well, at least it wasn't an accident. I got a speeding ticket! It's quota time, baby!!! End of the month and I was selected. Oh, I'm not saying I wasn't speeding, I was...as a matter of fact, I was trying to go around someone so I sped up right there in the middle of Manchester in front of the Goodwill. You see, I live right off Hwy 55 in Tullahoma so I can go through the base or go up 55 to work. I take 55 in the am and the base in the evening. Well, from here on out, I'm taking the base both ways. I tend to drive near the speed limit there, it's a two lane hwy and it's WAY more scenic. I'm an idiot but hey anything I can do to support the city of Manchester. ha! I won't even say how much it is but it was OUTRAGEOUS!!! I've had 4 speeding tickets in my life. The last one was in 2001 on the interstate and this one was almost as expensive as that one!!! I'm passed being pissed now and maybe it was God's way of saying, "slow down Lisa".

Also, my snack drawer at work is becoming "too public". I'm sorry, I don't make enough money to feed everyone. Sorry, if someone from work stumbles upon this blog but it's the truth. Now that I have this HUGE ticket to pay, I definitely need to make cuts. Lisa's snack drawer is off limits. My "100 calorie" snacks are expensive!!!

Ok, on a MUCH BRIGHTER note, I've lost another pound since last week. I'm 3+ lbs lighter than a week and a half ago. :) Devin, the gym mgr, said my face looks thinner. Was it chubby before? :(

I did a tinsy bit of speedwork at THS tonight. 4 X 400s and I jogged in between. With my warm up and cool down, I think I got in about 2.29 miles total. Still not too proud of the times but I was faster than last week. Amazing at how much faster you can be once you know you aren't running on a fracture or anything serious like that! :) I kept my strides short and choppy like Grady said to do and it seemed to keep the pain away. As soon as I felt my stride lengthen, I pulled it back in.....once I'm healed, lengthening the stride will surely increase my speed. I then went to the gym, (stretched, yoga ball crunches, free weights on my arms, and some light leg weights). I was hungry so I went to Kroger for some fresh fruit and some sandwich stuff. I bought some Organic strawberries.......good until I got to the middle of the batch and found a rotted one. I'm easily grossed out so I cut up what I could and threw out the rest. YUCK!

So, it's a tuna sandwich, strawberries, cottage cheese with pineapple, half a pimento cheese sandwish as a snack, small bar of cheese, and a "100 calorie" snack or two tomorrow. I have to eat every 2 hrs or my stomach goes crazy. I probably eat 5-7 times a day. No heavy dinners, except on weekends. I'm not really missing the m & m's or snickers that I was eating just about every other day in the afternoons. Seriously!

Breakfast is usually a healthy bowl of cereal and/or a whole grapefruit, yogurt, or piece of toast or all of the above if I'm starving. :)
(in the last couple of months, I've been drinking way too much coffee at work!)
Sometimes I eat those oatmeal squares when I'm in a rush to get to work and SPEED MY ASS OFF......

So, getting back to the speeding ticket.....I was going to punish myself monetarily by NOT going to the Jag game on Nov 11th. Well, low and behold I had made an "offer" on a set of tickets and the person accepted. I got the email after I got to work. UGH! So, I am going or I'll give them to my sis and her husband for Christmas and stay at home for once.

Tomorrow is a new day.....a slow driving day. :P

No comments: