Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A few random things in no particular order...

On Saturday night, we (Joe, Patti, & myself) met up with Terri J., Scott U., Jen & Jeff L., Pam & Tim W. (and Ella) for Mexican. It was nice to just sit & nibble. I still felt pretty good. Just tired from lack of sleep really… You can tell it in my face I'm sleep deprived. I look OLD! Ella had Patti's camera and took random photos. (Notice size of margaritas!) "Hello, I'm tired & he's delirious. Nice to meet you." As I age, I see my father, which is really freaky. I couldn't look more like him. Ella & Patti at Casa Mexico. Our good friend, Scott U. He's my buddy who built the dome house. Fuzzy photo taken with my cell at Expo. (Fara, Pam, Patti, & me (can I NOT stand up straight for pete's sake!) Btw, the Larabars at the Expo were fabulous! Wayne S. with the "Biggest Losers" contestants from last season, I think...I don't watch the show so I'm not sure. They ran the full marathon. "Absolut(ly) Fit While Drinking Martinis" ran with them. She has a full race report.

Sunday morning, I woke up to find my shin a little swollen. I had used the Exogen machine all last week on it & Sat when we got back. So I used it again & the swelling went down. My fingers are crossed that I didn't set it back too much on healing. Did I ever tell you all I was dropped on my head at birth & I don't know how to allow myself to heal properly? Well, there ya have it!

We went to Ella’s dance recital on Sunday afternoon. (Pam & Tim's daughter) She was just too cute! Cheslyn, Tim, & Ella. As soon as I snapped it I remembered him doing this same pose with Pam's bridesmaids at their wedding. ha! At Ella's recital. Man, I look stupid tired!

We then made a quick trip to Rutledge Falls. It was beautiful down there. There was a guy jumping in believe it or not. The water was cold! Can we cram a lot into a Sunday afternoon or what?! We can certainly cram a lot into a weekend that's for sure!

Monday I went to work & noticed some soreness while I sat at my desk. I took Patti to the airport so no gym time on Monday. Tueday morning's spin pushed out the rest of the soreness. I feel great but I can tell my shin is going "What the hell?" I'm not in any pain but I can tell I did something. So, I'm going to wait a full 2 weeks before I test the shin out again. I got all my mowing done so tomorrow is weights, abs, & elliptical. I jumped on the scales after spin this morning. At 5 ft 3 inches tall, 130.5 lbs is way too much for me. I look like a puffed up short girl. I hate that! So, I looked at the calendar...7 weeks before we head to Disney Orlando. I'm dropping it down to 125 or lower by then. Wish me luck! Ugh!!!

No comments: