Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Can I buy a phlegm sleeve anywhere?

I did the 1 hr spin class this morning. Great sweat!
This afternoon I did 4 miles with Carla.
The first 2 miles were fine.
The second 2 miles were a repeat of what was going on last year.
Damn allergies! I felt like my oxygen was cut off.
We walked a lot the last 2 miles but had a 10:06 pace overall.
The first 2 miles were around 8:30, then all phlegm broke loose.
NOTE TO SELF: Carry as many tissues as I can in my nathan belt.
NOTE TO Wayne S.: When we walk, I'll get off to the side to clear my throat so I don't gross you or anyone else out.

Carla has decided to try to run with Wayne P. in corral 13. She's going to try to hang with him at a 10 min pace. (His wife is walking the 1/2) We may catch them, who knows... All I know is that I seriously love these sleeves. In that short 4 miles, they felt awesome. Now if I can just find a sleeve to cram down my throat to soak up all the phlegm! I am doing everything I'm supposed to do with the allergies. Much like last year, when I push the pace down, it's ugly. :(

1 comment:

Jill Ann said...

Heard on the news this morning - birch trees...there's your culprit!! Dang it. You may have to start being known as "Snot Rocket Smith."