Monday, April 13, 2009

A great Easter Service & a 10 mile walk/jog

I have to say the World Outreach Church really does it up for Easter. They had an awesome service Sat night at Murphy center. Joe & I joined Hannah & Jeff there & then hit up Mimi's for dinner. I snapped a photo with my cell of Charlie Daniels performing during the service. He goes to this church & performs at Easter service every few years. The preacher allowed him to do "The Devil Went Down to GA". I cracked up!

On Sunday, we took it easy...we decided to walk/jog most of the CMM 1/2 course. :P It will be weird to actually run past Tootsies, the Country Music Hall of Fame, & to the side of the Flying Saucer bar. Now if they could just get 2nd ave & Printer's Alley in there somehow...

We took our time, walked, talked, helped a lady find Vanderbilt hospital, took one short wrong turn, got back on track, & totally enjoyed the Belmont Blvd area & the gulch. We decided to go up a not so nice stairwell to get back to the car instead of heading down for the Bicentennial Park area of the run. (I'm still laughing about that actually. You just had to be there.)

I completed my LAST physical therapy session on the shin this afternoon. I figure it's just stupid to do a 5k, walk 10 miles, & then keep going to therapy. I feel that I don't need it. True, I do need to build the strength back up in that shin & I will but I hate wasting money, especially when it comes to insurance.

Tomorrow is early spin, weights, & a whole lot of ab work for sure!

Happy Monday Everyone!



No comments: