I was up at 4:30am this morning & by 5:30am, I had my stuff set up at cousin Pam's house. By 6am, even though it was cold & damp, we had people rolling in... I guess some folks go to yard sales on their way to work but it was mostly retired people. I knew I wouldn't make much but spending time with my family sure was fun this morning. The Peaches, (aunt Becky & Joe) are always entertaining. That man could sell the rocks out of a gravel drive way, seriously.
I left about noon to grab lunch & take a quick nap. I decided to go ahead & mow since the grass seemed dry enough. Then I headed to Harvey's for a quick workout. I did a few leg weights & jumped on the deathmill. (7 miles in 75 mins with slight incline) I'm ok with that right now because I was actually going to try to get in 7 miles sometime this weekend. It felt good & I had to make myself take the walk breaks. My body is weird. The first few miles kill me but once I'm past the 4 mile mark, I sometimes feel as if I could just keep going & going....slow as molasses but still moving... Something tells me I'm not going to have to stress too much about endurance on Apr 25th. It's the speed that has suffered the most. (Not that there was that much speed to begin with!) The planned 9 miles for Easter weekend should be doable. I hope to do that outside so let's all keep our fingers crossed for good Easter weather. We have plans to meet Hannah & Jeff at Murphy Center for the World Outreach Service Sat evening & then dinner.
I hope to jog some hills sometime this weekend in Joe's neighborhood & maybe get my bike out at some point. Lately the rain sure has screwed up my planned bike time & I just refuse to get on it anymore when it's windy/cold. My toes still hate me for that, ya know....
TGIF!
1 comment:
No way...you are already faster than me. I did 3 miles on the mill this morning in 37 min. Ugh...please don't beat me just yet.
Outreach? We'll be there Easter Sun morning with the kids. No kidding.
Do H & J go there regularly? My most non fav lady goes there too...wonder if they are buds? Hope not.
Post a Comment