Wednesday, November 9, 2011

the after thoughts...

I have to admit yesterday was a bit rough...the quads were sore.  Today, I feel ok. The left knee feels a little sore but in all honesty, if someone said, "You have to go jog 5 miles!", I could probably do it just fine in a 10:00-10:30 minute pace.  ha!  We are planning to join the NRC tonight for a 2-3 miles walk. The Nashville FF owner will be there doing door "door prizes". ha!  There's nothing on TV worth watching tonight so I thought we'd go. CMAs are on...who cares....ha!  Speaking of which, it still amazes me the people that come here for the country music stuff, go to all these concerts, award shows, etc... The $ that stuff brings in sure helps the downtown area.  Did anyone read how much the NYC marathon generates for that city? If I read it right, 32 million! CRAZY!

After we finished the 26.2 jaunt around the New York area, we walked probably a good 3-4 miles.  We had a nice late lunch/early dinner with Jillian & Cheryl in the Macy's cafe down in the basement. All I wanted was fries & water....Joe woofed down almost everyone elses fries & had a burger. We're so good, we only drank water.  I had thought I'd treat myself to a martini but it never entered my mind at that point. If you're ever in THE Macy's, see the old wooden escalator.  I noticed that they were working hard on the Christmas decorations. Hard to believe that the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade is just around the corner.  We were in bed by 7:30pm Sunday night & up fairly early Monday to head to the marathon pavillion in Central park.  Joe got his name & time engraved for $20.  We picked up the NY Times. Both our names were in it despite me coming in nowhere near the 4:30 cut off.  We took the subway down to the 9-11 memorial.  I just can't find words to describe it, really so I'll leave it at that.  After that we found "Kleinfeld Bridal".....my friday night not so secret obsession.  Sorry, but it just cracks me up...  The door was locked. They had double glass doors & you had to have an appointment to be buzzed in.  I just wanted to stick my head in but who knows...they could've been filming, too.  We then took the subway back to the hotel, caught a cab to the airport, & arrived back in Nashville for the afternoon drive time traffic. ha!

Some of the goofy stuff we did....
*Stood in front of "Kleinfeld Bridal".....snooty tootie place. ;-)
*Stood in front of "Serendipity" amazed at how long the line was to get in... :-(
*Went to the Dylan's Candy Bar...yes, I know they're in other locations but we don't have one in Middle TN.  That place was super cool.  We got the kids a few little things there.
*Last but not least, I picked up some of the Spiderman web that was shot from Spidey when he sailed over our heads & brought it back to TN.  (Can't wait to show Joey. ha!)
*Took pics of some of the "Occupy Wall Street" folks who where near the 9-11 Memorial area.

What's next?
*Filling out the race forms for Joe & I for the Detroit Turkey Trot 10k Thanksgiving morning.
(He's in the Comet wave & I'll be in the Blitzen wave. ha!)
*We have the Santa Hustle 1/2 marathon Dec 11th. (I'm trying to figure out how to prepare for this one)
*I'm continuing the visits to Pro Motion but not going this week.
*And....trying to figure out if we want to use the 11-11-11 discount on friday & for what "Rock n' Roll" race to use it on.....(probably CMM 1/2 since Spring will be all about 1/2 mary's for me!)

What am I doing this week?
*So far only walking, stretching, & trying to get things back in order, washed, put away...
*Hopefully, do more Christmas shopping...
*Going to work on a run schedule to ease back into this "hobby".

No comments: