Went to my 2nd appt at Pro Motion yesterday....got taped.
It's supposed to last 3 days....stay on in the shower, etc...
Uh, no, it didn't last 3 days...mine came completely off in the shower.
Anyway, there's different kinds of tapes to use.
Mine is two layers with white on the bottom & brown on the top.
You don't want the brown to touch the skin because it can be irritating.
Anyway, I was given a little bit to tape myself Sat night or Sun morning.
I ran 4 miles with it and couldn't tell I had tape on my foot/calf at all.
The key is to get it taped just right so it's pulling just ever so slightly.
It's EXPENSIVE & I was told they special order it for their office but was given the names of it to order online. I'm too busy to dig in my purse for that right now but I might order some....or I might not.
What I HAVE to do is watch how I land my left foot Sunday.
I'm to phase in the "pawing" method to reduce the impact on the IT Band.
Of course this isn't happening overnight but I will try my best not to be sloppy Sunday.
(Head up, don't scrunch down like a little old lady when I'm tired. Lean forward like the dang "Chi Running" book said to do!) Incidentally, I did all this yesterday on a 4 mile run after work & my pace was 9:05. The run was "easy"....not quite tempo but when I lean, I run faster. So, just make yourself think of the "Smooth Criminal" video of Michael Jacksons....lean in a little & viola your turn over picks up so gravity doesn't pull you down. I'll have to watch that Sunday so I don't go out too fast. I do not want a 9:05 first mile.
As for Joe.....he has SO got a sub 4 hour in him. It will totally surprise me if his finish time is more than a 4:05. My guess is that he'll be anywhere between 3:50-4:05. That's what long legs & a natural foot strike will get you. Grrrr......
No comments:
Post a Comment