I was grateful to have some company this morning. Tandy & Julie joined me for the first part of my 10 miler. I was quite surprised that I pulled in 10 miles at a 9:17 pace given the heat. My iPhone read 81 degrees at 5am. Yikes!
When I finished I stretched a little & then got the kids up to come back with me to eat at "Mama's Java" with us. (Joe got out an hour later with the "fasties" so we had to wait on them.) Sleeping beauty (Jessica) will do anything for carbs & that includes getting up at 7:00am. I had a spinach/feta cheese omelet & wheat toast with a HUGE skinny latte. Yum! My weight didn't move one ounce after being away from "my" food for 5 days. Yes, I'm patting myself on the back for that because the sweets were everywhere. I didn't deprive myself because I did eat half of a piece of red velvet cake & a few other small treats. I can do that since I met my goal months ago on myfitnesspal. Yeah, me! ;-)
Mile 1: 8:39
Mile 2: 9:17
Mile 3: 10:16 (hydrated & waited for Julie!)
Mile 4: 9:33
Mile 5: 9:50 (turned for the negative split back to Mama's & hydrated)
Mile 6: 8:58
Mile 7: 9:30 (hydrate!)
Mile 8: 8:23
Mile 9: 9:30 (hydrate!)
Mile 10: 8:57 (I love that my legs & IT Band allowed me to finish up hill into the Mama's Java's parking lot under a 9 min pace.)
July 4th 20k race in Frankenmuth, Michigan....we are ready for you!
1 comment:
that is some hot weather at that hour I must say... Whoa...... Very impressive splits...and you handeled them well!!! so hard to run when it's hot, right?
gesh is right~
Post a Comment