Sunday, June 24, 2012

"Rock of Ages" & my Sunday workout

I bought the "Rock of Ages" sound track so that should tell you how much I LOVED that music & movie.  Who knew Tom Cruise could belt out hair band songs?!  Seriously, I think I'm starting to come back around to being a fan.  The movie was hilarious in parts, I swear Russell Brand & Alec Baldwin pretty much stole the movie.  Kim C & her husband, Michael, saw "Rock of Ages" on Broadway a year or so ago & loved it so I knew I had to see the movie.  If you grew up cruising with the windows down on the weekends with "Poison" or "Guns & Roses" blaring out the windows then you'll love the movie. 

Sunday:  4.36 mile walk around the 'hood talking on my cell with cousin, Patti, & soaking up the sun.  (more heat acclimation)  I did ab ripper, 18 minutes on an elliptical, 15 minutes on a bike, & weight machines at the gym after I walked.

I'm packed & heading downtown Nashville tonight to rub noses with the "grown ups" of our company all week long.  I will get to meet a former Attorney General this week.
I get to come home fairly early in the afternoon on friday.

Hard to believe that next Sunday, we'll be packing for Michigan & Canada.  I cannot wait to run in Frankenmuth.  I did the 5k once a few years ago (while still injured with a stress fracture..stupid!) & declared that I wanted to come back for the 20k race some day.  Some day is almost here & we are excited!

1 comment:

TX Runner Mom said...

I have got to see that movie! Truth be told, I never stopped being a fan. :-)