Thursday, June 21, 2012

5.54 + 3.47 +=9:01 miles for Wednesday

I guess I am acclimated.  I intended to do 3 miles at around a 10 min pace but ended up with 3.47 at a 9:21 pace in 90+ degree weather.  Granted I avoided the hills in Nolensville but I'll take that.  So, 9:01 for the day.

This morning, I burned my buns with Jillian Michael's "Bun Burner" dvd. 
This afternoon, ab ripper, a slow jog to & from the gym for 2 miles, 15 mins on the bike, & weight machines.  Saturdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays seem to be my hardest days right now. 

This weekends long run will be on Saturday with the NRC...11 miles... I hope to keep the pace at 10 mins or faster.  The Saucony rep was there.  We tested the shoes, of course.  Joe didn't like them as much as he liked the Adidas Boston's he ran in last week.  Me..I need a narrower shoe so they didn't fly with me that much.  Food & fun were to be had by all afterwards.

We're going to see "Rock of Ages" this weekend & I've got to pack for my week away, which is just downtown. ha!  Hope to have a low key weekend. 

1 comment:

TX Runner Mom said...

I sooooo want to see Rock of Ages! Let us know how you like it. Enjoy your long run!