Tuesday, June 19, 2012

bring it on!

This morning....3.7 miles with some sprints in the middle of it.  Amazing how much more calorie burn I get when I speed it up rather than slug along. I heard Leland off channel 5 weather say that Chicago is actually 10 degrees warmer than we are today here in Nashville. Oh my, is all I've got to say.  I actually feel better about Chicago's marathon now that we've decided to have Indy as a back up a month later.  As I've stated before:  Plan A: Chicago has 35-40 degree temps at the start & we fly as hard as we can provided neither of us has injuries (meaning ME!).  Plan B: It's hotter than hell in Chicago so it turns into an expensive,  yet fun, well supported 26.2 mile training run for Indianapolis, which is 4 weeks later.  If Plan A happens, we'll still go do the half marathon in Indy. 

My workout with the trainer is always something new & unusual. He actually worked more than just my IT Band yesterday.  I still had enough energy for Jillian Michael's Shred. As a matter of fact, I did level 2 just to do something different.  It's a 20 minute dvd & it only took 20 minutes to turn me into a pile of sweat on my yoga mat. I also did a jog to & from the gym in my newtons. I would love to test them out on a very flat 5k race some day.  JP in our NRC group said he ran the Carmel half marathon in them with no problems after only running in them 5 times.  He ran a 1:41 with his wife. It was her first & she finished with him. He had been having ham string problems but the newtons taught him to change his gait a little so the ham strings are fine now. 

I was eyeballing the RW marathon training program last night. Turns out the training program is geared towards Chicago & several other marathons.  I'm right on track so far so I guess it's "GO Time!"

No comments: