Saturday, July 14, 2012

13.1 mile training run in Shelby park

Yes, i know we are goofy for adding the .1 to the 13 mile training run this morning but it just seemed like the thing to do when we got back to LP Field. Time: 2:01:04 (9:15 pace) 72 degrees when we started & 88% humidity. You should've seen Joe wring his shirt out! I felt pretty good but I knew I ran it a little too fast. I soaked in an ice bath for about 15-20 minutes. If there's anything I've learned it's ice baths work! :-). Last year at this time I ran the exact route 7 minutes slower. I remember the sun coming out & it being warmer, though. About 15 minutes after we finished, the rain came through. Glad we got started before 6am! Hope everyone's long run went well today!!

1 comment:

Bill Fine said...

good job.....and I love it when we can consider a half-marathon a "training run"!

P.S. Tell your blog I'm NOT a robot!!!