Friday, July 27, 2012

friday grumblings....

Chicago has decided to use a corral system this year. In the past, they've put folks in corrals at the front based on a previous marathon or half marathon time & others in a big "open" corral.  Since my 1/2 PR is only 1:51:25 (& I've been no where near it since '06), I didn't qualify for a corral, no big deal, but I did intend to go near the front of the open corral.  Guess that won't be happening.  Joe will be starting sometime after 7:30am & I won't get to start until sometime after 8:00am.  Even more reason to pray for overcast skies & reasonable marathon temperatures. Oh well, if this turns into a hot 26.2 mile "training run" then at least we have Indy one month later. I'm in corral H....bleh!

On the upside, Joe & I joined our Lenox Village running group (Southside Runners) for a short run last night. Scott from the NRC is trying to help "pump" that group up a bit. I had run with them once before a few months ago, but there's something about running the same streets I run early in the morning that just kinda turned me off.  We did go across the road into an even hillier 'hood, of course.  I walked the bigger hills.  (3.5 miles 9:39 pace)  I did yoga, ab ripper, & spent some time on the bike in the gym while I waited on the group to gather. Today, I'm stretching everything out with P90X Stretch.  I am looking forward to tomorrow's 15 miles. 

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

P90x... I would LOVE to do that! Maybe someday.. 15 miles of awesomeness.. ENJOY!!!!!