Wednesday, July 25, 2012

5.67 miles-early morning "Tempo"

Yes, it's "2 a day Wednesday" for me so I ran this morning.  After seeing how hot & nasty it's going to be this afternoon, I decided to try to get the tempo run done this morning before work.  We got out at 4:50am.  I put most of the hills in the first 2 miles & of course I went out too fast.  I ended up taking a few short walk breaks to get my heart rate/breathing under control.  I definitely went out of my comfort zone a bit.  This is supposed to be "comfortably" hard. ha!  Ugh, so much for an evenly paced run....  This afternoon will be a 4-5 mile "recovery" run. 

5.67 miles (I went over what I was shooting for....)  8:49 pace
Mile 1: 8:57
Mile 2: 7:58
Mile 3: 8:28
Mile 4: 9:45 (big walk break! ugh!)
Mile 5: 8:27
     .67:  9:32 (uphill finish) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pace!!! Love those early morning tempos.. :)

I Am Woody said...

You guys kill me!!!