Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I love Wednesdays!

Knowing I would be a little sore from Monday evening's work out with the trainer, I did yoga yesterday. I also did Jillian Michael's 20 min shred dvd & ab ripper after work. I woke up a little stiff but not near as sore as last week when we hammered into my quads & glutes. I did a 3.5 mile "easy" run this morning at a 10:05 pace. (I made myself run it slower than last week.) This really helped Joe, too, since he had done his speed work on Monday & hills last night. This afternoon I'm running my 5+ mile tempo with the NRC. It will have hills so I'm also counting it as a hill work out, too. ;-P

I've tweaked my marathon training calendar to death & as of right now, my biggest week is 40.5 miles. In the past, when I did go over 40 miles & that's only happened maybe 3 times in the 9 marathons that I've done, I got hurt or I strained something. My 40.5 mile week has a 21 miler in it & then we taper. That's the GREAT thing about the striders Fall series runs….they're geared towards Chicago training. If I hit the pace I did last year or faster on that 21 miler, I will be smart about it this time around. I will ice, stretch, rest, & start the taper. There will be NO hilly ½ marathon the weekend after it. There will be a slow, rolling 11 miler the weekend after it with the NRC.

It seems that my 5 ft 2 in frame is holding steady at 114-116 lbs right now. I did go down a pound over the last week. If my weight drops more I'm sure not going to stress over it. I'm just over 10 lbs away from high school weight. (I weighed less than that in college but that weight would be scary on me now!) That says a lot for my 45 yr old body & I feel great! I cannot say enough good things about myfitnesspal so I'll shut up about it. ;-P

My goal over the next few months is to take in more carbs. I'm even buying bagels & low fat cream cheese again. Gasp!!! We are not shying away from pasta & bread on the eve of our long runs . It's all about moderation. I am not depriving myself of anything. I'm just being smart about what I eat & when I eat it.

No comments: