It's been a pretty great week overall.
I like how our run club isn't just about running, paces, qualifying, etc...
It's about community.
On Tuesday, a member of the club posted on facebook that she needed 40 shoe boxes for a project that a local church is doing to send some items overseas. Members of the club managed to bring in 32. One guy brought in 10 boxes. ;-) She will collect them through next Wednesday so I'm sure she'll get the other 8 boxes no problem.
On Wednesday, the uber cool London guy that I spoke of months ago when I ran with him posted a picture of two black labs that were dropped in his neighborhood. Long story short, we put our heads together, he called a long list of no kill shelters, & then one of his neighbors who was helping take care of them found them a home.
And...our club President loaned his convertible, baby blue, toyota solara to Joe to drive Jessica in her high school homecoming parade today. (She's the 9th grade homecoming queen).
We are very blessed.
And I scored free club tickets with a parking pass for the Titans-Steelers game for my boss, who's a HUGE Steeler fan! I told him no terrible towel waving in our HOUSE but I don't think he'll listen.
We've got a pretty busy weekend ahead but not as busy as last weekend, thank you God.
We're running 11 miles at or around a 9 minute pace in the morning.
We are also taking my honda down to Manchester for an oil change/tire rotation.
Bonefish Grill may be calling my name.....Hello Hannah!!!
I've also got to start getting things ready to pack for Chicago.
Yesterday I cross trained by doing yoga, ab ripper, a 2 mile walk, & 25 minutes on a bike at the gym.
Today I'm not doing a thing, except watching the first 1/2 of a high school football game, their half time homecoming show, then we are heading home.
Happy Weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment