Yesterday, I did my "usual" Sunday work out.
P90X ab ripper
35 minutes on a stationary bike
weight machines (arms only)
Walked some on a treadmill since it was raining
AND, I made myself do P90X Stretch
I had to stretch out the miserable 20 miler from Saturday. I also took two twenty minute ice baths & some ibuprophen. There was no way I was running this 10k with a lot of soreness.
Our run club was fired up from the inspirational facebook post from Scott, our NRC President. I told him after the race that I kept picturing him spiking his water bottle at the finish line in Carmel, IN when he realized he had qualified for Boston. :-)
He has a way with words & he really had us all working hard in order to win "fastest" team, whether it be in the 10k or the 5k, he wanted to win. Well, we did. NRC won the award for the "Fastest 5k Team".
After jogging about a mile & a half with Danielle to warm up, we took off almost immediately. I ran my 2nd fastest 10k ever on some tired legs this morning. My 10k PR (52:40) is on a hilly course in downtown Nashville & it's from 2007! That PR needs to come down. Had this course been flat I have no question in my mind that I could've beaten it today. Go figure?! I ran a 53:08 per the official results & that's with me taking short walk breaks on a lot of the hills. My garmin read 6.3 miles & showed my pace at 8:26, which is a 53:11 per my garmin. I did this two days after suffering through one of the toughest training runs I've ever done. Yep, I'm patting myself on the back!
Mile 1: 7:50 (flattest part of the race)
Mile 2: 8:09
Mile 3: 8:55 (the short walk breaks started here & continued through out the race)
Mile 4: 8:52
Mile 5: 8:30
Mile 6: 8:32
.3: 7:52
As soon as I got home, I put in my "Yoga for Runners" dvd & stretched for 75 minutes. Tomorrow is more yoga, IT Band stretches, ab ripper, & a 30 minute massage with my massage therapist. Oh happy, easy Tuesday....
I hope everyone had a GREAT Labor Day weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment