Monday, September 24, 2012

much about nothing on monday....

It's the little things with me these days that make me happy. 
It's nice to know that right now I can push 13.1 miles in under 2 hours & then add 2 slow miles to it & not even be the slightest bit sore two days later.
Ice baths & lots of moving around really do help.  Gone are the days where I just go home & "veg" in front of the tv after a long run. Nope, sorry, I've got a lot of "living" that I have to get done on the weekends.  ;-)
Is it "progress" with my training?  I sure hope so. 
I'm not near as paranoid as I was this time last year before the NYC marathon.
That to me was my "comeback to running" marathon....that tibia stress fracture was stubburn but so was I?  If I ever get one of those again, then it will be time to "veg" in front of the tv to allow it to heal FASTER.

Speaking of tv....this week is premiere week & I'm excited!
I may sound like I watch a lot of tv sometimes from what I've put on this blog in the past but I really don't.  I don't have anything at all on Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday nights that I HAVE to watch.  I do watch CBS on Monday, ABC on Wednesday, & there's several shows (like "The Office") that we watch/dvr on Thursday.  I do NOT watch anymore singing shows & I refuse to get caught up in the newers ones and/or the dancing shows.  If I happen to catch "DWTS" on Tuesday then ok, if not, no big deal.  I am excited, though.  I am a sucker for the thirty minute comedies & if we dvr them, we can watch them in 20 minutes. 

This morning I opted out of getting up for my "speed" workout.  We are less than 2 weeks away so I'm rethinking doing anything related to getting me faster this week & I'm certainly not going to do it next week.  The "hay is in the barn" for Chicago.  It's time to avoid injury & get some rest.
(I smile as I type this because if you could've seen me jumping up & down at LP Field yesterday, you would have thought I was being tasered from the back!) 
I did do Jillian Michael's yoga this morning & the plan is for me to run a moderately easy 6 miles after work.  I am thinking I'll go to the ball field area or Crockett park.  I'll decide when I get home to change.  I need to force myself to lock into a VERY comfortable pace & just stay there for 6 miles this afternoon.  I'm totally digging this weather & praying it stays around. 

I've made up my mind about Indianapolis.  If for some reason, I do not come in under 4:17 then I'm going to focus on recovery for a week then I'll get ready for the full marathon in Indy, Nov 3rd.  If I come in under 4:17 in Chicago, then I'll gladly move to the 1/2 marathon in Indy.  I would love to drop my marathon & half marathon times down. It's time....way past time.  I think my training has been solid enough to reach that goal but you just never know what you'll run into on race day morning.  Indy is flat & a lot less crowded.  All I know is that I'm looking forward to both either way. 

All our NRC folks that qualified for Boston in Carmel, IN got their registrations accepted.  So happy for them!  I saw a post on facebook regarding last years Boston marathon.  Boston usually has at least 10,000 runners who re-qualify at the Boston marathon & a good portion of them run it again the next year.  If what I saw was correct, only 2700 re-qualified back in April.  Wow!  That really says something about how hot it was this year.  That really worked well for those that qualified by less than a minute this year that were on pins & needles hoping to get accepted. 


No comments: