Friday, January 11, 2013

rolling the dice on tomorrow's weather....

The weather is interesting here in Tennessee.
We may or may not get rained on tomorrow morning but I'm going to have to suck it up & wear my newest pair of "long run" shoes.  I'll most likely buy another pair within the next few weeks anyway. 
We are shooting for the usual 8:50-9:10 pace & flat.  We've got two folks joining us on the front end & I'm thinking one or both will hang with us for at least 10-14 miles of it, which is cool.
Needless to say, lots of hydrating & most likely we'll be heading back to the car to fill up the bottles at least once if not twice.  Joe is wearing the fuel belt.  I'm actually thinking I may carry my gu's & some hammer gel tabs to keep some salts in my body.

Be careful watch you ask for...."We need a long run in warmer temps to get us ready for what NOLA might be like...."  We are getting it in a big way.  This is my chance to hang tight for 20 miles in less than ideal weather. 

The goal: finish without cramping or dehydrating in 3 hours or less.  All I know is that I know I'm stronger & faster than I was in August/September of last year (the last time I ran this long in heat/humidy).  So, we shall see....

Happy running!

1 comment:

Old Man said...

We've been lucky? this winter, so mild. You'll end up with a nice warm long run today and probably a cool marathon day. That would be the ideal situation.

Seems like every run this week was in the rain. Sure beats the cold rain most winters.