Everyone seems to be getting bit by the cross training bug. I have to say, it makes me want to do my P90x or Jillian Michael's dvds more than ever. As a matter of fact, I did break out the Jillian Michael's yoga dvd yesterday. I did that & P90x ab ripper so friday was not a "rest" day. ;-P
I'm thinking tomorrow after our short run with the "couch to 5k" Sunday group, I'll do Jillian's shred dvd. Been a LONNNNGG time since I've done it.
This morning we had 8 people show up at 5:45am to run with us. We did an extremely hilly route that I've not done in a while. Ugh, after a few miles I could feel the heat but overall I'm good with the pace. I ran with a fuel belt & ran out of fluids before I got to mile 11. Time to start dropping a cooler with ice on our Saturday long runs.
We took a walk break up a huge hill around mile 7 or 8 when Traci's allergies were getting the best of her. She said her heart rate was all over the place. Afterwards, we set up "operation middle half registration" at Mama's Java. LOL! I got us registered along with Jayson L., who was on a bike ride, & the Kettrey's, who were doing a trail race. It was a sight to see anxious, sweaty runners swinging out laptops, registering, & then ordering food. We had 15 minutes in between toweling off from our run & starting registrations.
11.75 miles - 9:12 pace - 1:48:06
Mile 1- 9:20
Mile 2- 8:55
Mile 3- 8:45
Mile 4- 8:53
Mile 5- 8:20
Mile 6- 8:52 (took in salt tab but forgot to take in my power gel)
Mile 7- 10:02 (where Traci started feeling bad)
Mile 8- 10:13 (walked up a huge hill)
Mile 9- 9:07
Mile 10- 9:22
Mile 11- 8:49
.75- 9:57 (just want it over!)
I went to the gym & spun my legs out for 35 minutes on a bike. I feel pretty dang good!
No comments:
Post a Comment