Saturday, June 15, 2013

in the last 24 hours....

1. I came in 3rd in a planking contest at "Ladie's Night" at Fleet Feet Nashville with a time of 6 mins 3 secs.  Who knew?!  It was the type on your forearms, which I feel is easier than on your hands. The two ladies that were still up dropped about 20 seconds after me.

2. I ran 12.5 rather hilly miles with Jo Ann, Traci, Joe, Gary, Mandy, & Danielle this morning.  We started at 5:03am because most of us had to volunteer at the "Change for a Chance" 5k in Nolensville by 7am. We kept the first 4 miles flat then we hit the hilly 6 mile loop finishing with the last 2.5 mostly flat. The weather was great for a June morning in TN, low humidity & I think the temp at 5am was around 65 degrees!

12.5 miles - 8:44 pace - 1:49:15

Mi 1- 8:44
Mi 2- 8:36
Mi 3- 8:24
Mi 4- 8:36
Mi 5- 8:39
Mi 6- 8:33
Mi 7- 8:50
Mi 8- 8:51
Mi 9- 8:26
Mi 10- 8:38
Mi 11- 9:16 (we swung back around for Jo Ann, who stayed with us the whole way!)
Mi 12- 8:52
.5-       9:44

3. We directed runners & traffic for the 5k this morning that our "Couch to 5k" folks have been training for over the last couple of months.  My "Road Runner" group did awesome & at least 3 of them placed in their age groups!!  We ate at the start/finish line area where they had grills going with hotdogs & burgers. Inside pancakes were for sale. 

4. Joe & I drove the Franklin Half marathon course in Leipers Fork.  I have to say, it will not be as difficult on me as Viola was a month ago.  I'm heat trained now & this course does have a few flat/downhill miles to it. Can't wait!

5. We're about to go to a "mentor's party" near the Pryor's house.  Our running club had enough $ left over from the C25K program to treat those that helped with it to a party.  The theme is "Hawaiian Luau". 

Tomorrow, I'll run an easy 6, do yoga, ab ripper, & hit my gym for weights, & maybe some time on the bike.  It's father's day so Joe gets to pick something fun to do.  I hope he picks "couch sitting".  We need rest.  LOL!

Happy Father's Day Weekend!!

1 comment:

TX Runner Mom said...

Dang, that's a long time to hold a plank! Congrats!