Craving:
I normally eat mexican once a week for lunch. It's cheap & Los Palmas is very close to work. $5.21 for the chicken chimichanga on rice. (there's always coupons, too!) It's been over 2 weeks since I've had mexican. I brought a lean cuisine for lunch today & I guess I'll eat it monday since we have the "luncheon" tomorrow. Let's hope our little freezer is working ok in the office. All I need is food poisoning on top of a tender left hip. Yes, it's tender today after running only 8.6 miles but I'm determined to do Rocket City if I have to walk most of the 2nd half. My original goal was to set a new PR, now I just want to finish it. That seems to be the goal every year for that race with me! :( This will be the 4th RC for me in a row, btw. I will NOT do it next year. I've already decided on some things for next year and if I do a Dec marathon, it will be Memphis in '08.
I got our Dec 30th Titan's-Colts tics in the mail today. They are so COOL! They have a pic of the Super Bowl Trophy on them. I wonder if they are collector tickets. I scanned them & sent the jpg to Hannah & Wayne. I was so excited to finally get them here. I have been very lucky this year with Titans tickets. Sure, I've paid more than last year but last year they lost A LOT early in the season. I did get two sweet deals on jag tickets & texans tickets. There's only one other game that I need tickets to & that's the Chargers. I'll be in San Antonio during the last home game. Can't wait to see Austin, Avery, & my fav beagle, Toby! (oh, yeah, my sis & her husband, too!) They are big Spurs fans, of course.
Planning:
I've been thinking about what I want to do more of in 2008.
My thoughts are of traveling more....holding off on the new house & traveling. Helping mom with some much needed repairs & just saving money. Hannah's wedding is tentatively in mid-May. I know I'll want to visit New York again so another trip to see Cheryl & her family might be doable if they'll have me back. :) 4th of July in San Antonio with mom at my sister's house might be on the schedule too. I'd like to talk some family/friends into a Disney trip some time next year. I haven't been since my b-day in '98. I did not make it to the beach at all this year. I barely went to the lake. :(
Time to venture out!
As far as training & races, I can make plans all day but there's always an unexpected injury it seems, but here goes...
1. Definitely pencil in Team Nashville 1/2 for Nov '08
2. Most likely I'll try the rolling hills of Knoxville (Knoxville Marathon at the end of Mar, possibly)
3. Cedars of Lebanon 1/2 marathon-New 1/2 on the state park running tour
4. Team Nashville 10 miler might be doable in Feb
5. Predators Fangtastic 5k is the ONLY 5k I ever seem to do because we get hockey tickets with our entry but if we don't have the Preds, that's off the schedule, obviously.
6. I am sending off my NY City marathon entry form as soon as they start accepting them with my fingers crossed. (it's done by lottery!) That's always early November.
7. Speedwork: I need to learn how to do it, when to do it, and just do it!!!!
8. If it's not 150 degrees on the day of the Smyna Parks 5k, I'll do it. I promised Wayne I'd do it this year but backed out.
9. Find new long running routes & find some new running buddies. :) I like the old ones but they are rarely available when I need to run long.
10. Go to more organized training runs-(Murfreeboro Pacers and Striders)
I'll keep doing the races I've grown to love, of course, if I have time.
I will NOT do anymore Sept/early Oct half marathons, I will tell you that.
Any suggestions on races or training, please feel free to fill me in on them.
Tonight: avoiding the 4 mi recovery run.
Elliptical for an hour, some light weights, crunches, and some stretching.
Tomorrow: 12-14 miles depending on my hip.
Sat: Carla's Pilates class & some cross training. I may do a 4 mi recovery run.
Sun: David Carr & the Carolina Panthers ( He is the HOTTEST man in the NFL)
No comments:
Post a Comment