Sunday, November 25, 2007

Back in TN...& tagged by Lana....










Just a quick note to say thanks to my friend, Cheryl & her family for allowing me to invade their home on Thanksgiving. It's been WAY too long and I don't know why I didn't come see them before now. I'm an idiot! I'm also an idiot for leaving my camera at my Aunt's house in Nashville when I got back today. I only have a few photos on my cell that are grainy that I can post tonight. (Good photos later!) Seriously, it's a wonder I made it back with everything. I usually lose something when I go somewhere. I need a babysitter on trips! :(




On a lighter, less tired note.




$305 for a round trip ticket to Philly


$20 for a round trip train ticket to Penn Station


Buying illegal, knock off purses with a friend & her 11 yr old daughter......




Priceless.....(see photo, aren't you jealous? I also got a Gucci watch!)




What's wrong with my Titans? Have they lost their fire? I saw the score against the Bengals. Sad....just sad. I will be there next Sunday when the Texans come in on my birthday. Let's hope they can pull out a win next Sunday at home. :)




The other photo, (if you can see it?), shows a runner to the right of the yellow car on the billboard and it says, "NYC is my running partner" under it. (I cannot remember what building this was...sorry!) I truly enjoyed the carriage ride in Central Park simply because I got to see the leaves still changing, it gave my arms a break from carrying all my stuff, and there were so many runners. I was so jealous! I have photos of several of them. (yeah, I'm a geek!) Only I would go to Central Park and take photos of runners from my carriage.




This is will be what I call Part I:




I flew into Philadephia and my friend, Cheryl, was nice enough to drive an hour to pick me up and drive me to her home in Brick, NJ. As we left the airport, we saw some HUGE battleships and we are still trying to figure which ones they were....on the other side of the road was the Eagles stadium and the Phillies stadium. So, right off the bat, I was pretty excited! (Yes, pics of that stuff, too!)




Cheryl, has a lovely home and her family made me feel so welcome. Thursday, we slept in and she cooked Thanksgiving dinner. I peeled potatoes. :) Their turkey was beautiful...golden brown and delicious. The girls, Jillian (11) & Amy (almost 4), are adorable. Neither are shy and both are talented. They both perform in local musical performances. Just too cool!


I watched "The Devil Wears Prada" (how appropriate!) after dinner with Jillian. Cheryl's husband, Gary, has a home theatre set up and you'd just have to see it to appreciate it. Cool!




We decided not to do Atlantic City. I'm not a gambler and the Statue of Liberty was calling my name. We headed to a ferry in NJ. As we got closer, we could see the NYC skyline and Lady Liberty. I wanted to jump up and down in my seat. :) They put us through airport-like security just to get on the ferry. I told Cheryl that they were more thorough than the Nashville airport. They even made us take our belts off. We shivered in excitement on the top of the ferry, taking photos of everything. The boat went to Ellis Island first. I got chills when I walked in the place. So full of history. We took a 45 min guided tour which mostly consisted of listening to this very dramatic guide who I suspect is a part time actor. He was GOOD! His last name was Mulligan. His great grand parents came through Ellis Island in July of 1909. He told us so many stories. One of which involved a man who didn't pass the "health" tests at Ellis Island so he was being deported back to Russia. He decided he'd rather try to jump and swim ashore rather than go all the way back to Russia. The man swam safely to the Bronx shore. Ok, if he was healthy enough to swim that far, then he deserved to stay in the U.S.!!! We also watched a 30 min film on the history of how the Island came about, what happened, and how it closed. Apparently, when more U.S. Embassys were established and people started flying over in the early 50's, they officially decided to close Ellis in 1954. The island went up for sale and thanks to President Johnson, it became a national monument. The ferry then took us over to Lady Liberty. I felt like a kid again seeing Disney for the first time EVER. I wanted to run up to it and hug it. I hope I never get too old to have these feelings!




We headed back to Brick, NJ and ate at a mexican restaurant called "Chevy's". It was good and I ate too much. Tomorrow, I will definitely head to the track and the gym after my chiro/massage. I can't wait to give Kirby (my massage therapist) her Louis Vuitton purse. :)


Tomorrow, will be the "I feel FAT day". I can already tell. Tuesday, I'll probably try to do a minimum 6 miles . I have not figured out what the rest of my week will consist of as far as workouts. Rocket City is fast approaching and I'll be glad to put this one to bed since I know I will be doing it just to get it done. :(



I was tagged by Lana.
I don't have time to figure out how to do this properly but here goes....
Rules:-- link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog-- share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird-- tag 2 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs-- let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I have a not so secret crush on David Carr of the Carolina Panthers (formerly of the Texans). He is the most sacked quarterback like EVER, I think.......I'd love to sack him!
2. When my marriage fell apart during the holidays of 1998 (during an horrible ice storm!), I took our Christmas tree (ornaments and all) out to the road and dumped it in the ditch.
3. I'm a migraine sufferer. I take Relpax 40 mg. (Thank You, Dr. Capps!)
4. When my parents brought both sisters home from the hospital, I told them to take them back and exchange them for brothers. :P
5. I'm seriously scared to death of heights. I'm good with flying but NOT heights! I avoided the Empire State building simply because I don't think I would have got out of the elevator at the top without freaking out. Cousin Pam is the same way. We were once in a glass elevator in Nashville in our late teens. When it went up, we hugged the floor screaming. Our then "future ex husbands" thought we were crazy. :)

I'm only going to tag Leland because he needs more action on he new blog. :)






No comments: