The UT band, just awesome!
I got little sleep friday night, therefore, Saturday was a LONG day. I had fun at the Melting Pot with my friends and ate WAY too much. (Happy Early B-day to me!) By the time we got back to the house, I was ready to drop into bed and it was nearly 11pm when I finally did drop into bed. We rolled out of the drive way at almost exactly 7am heading for Knoxville. It was pretty funny seeing everyone heading to the game via 840. :) I had forgotten just how hilly Knoxville is...I had not been there since 2001. When we got there, I admit, I was in a panic to try to get to the Vol Walk and when I realized we had 45 mins to get there, I relaxed. I ate a slice of pizza and nursed a bottle of water for a while. Got some great photos but the one of Ainge sucked as you can see. He turned his head right as I took it. I should have grabbed him but getting arrested just wasn't in the plan for the day. ha! That boy looks better than any movie star on this planet, honestly. Just wish his playing was more consistant. Gesh, needless to say, UT made a 4th quarter comeback to beat Vandy by one tinsy little point. It seems that all season long this year, UT will crush one team one weekend and then play like idiots the next. No consistancy!
I tried to sleep some in the car but that didn't work so well. By the time I got home, I realized I had spent over 5 hrs round trip in the car plus the 45 min trip home from Murfreesboro. My body was in knots. When I got up this morning, I was sore, probably because I did not take a cool bath after my 17.16 mile training run on friday. I should have stretched a little more, taken some ibuprophen, rolled some biofreeze on my hips or iced my left hip, but I didn't......too busy! Needless to say, I was determined to get out and do some recovery miles today and I did. 6 SLOW miles in 1:02:56 (10:30 pace) I was sweating! It felt like it was about 25 degrees warmer today than yesterday. We were COLD in Knoxville. I went to the gym after I ran and stretched, did some light weights on my legs, and 30 slow mins on the elliptical.
It's only 7pm but I feel like I could go onto bed now so I know I'm still tired from the run, the ride, the dramatic game, and my workout today.
Oh yeah, I did get about 90% packed for my Thanksgiving trip today. Yippee!
No comments:
Post a Comment