Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9-11-01.....to 9-11-12

Above is a pic I took last year at the 9-11 memorial fountain pools.  Very humbling...everyone should go there before they die.  Put it on your bucket list of things to do. 

The speed work did get done & "wait for it"....yes, it was actual "measured" 800s.  I only did 4 of them.  If I make it down there again next week, I'll go for six 400s.  I warmed up for 1.25 miles then I reset the garmin & took off.  The cool down after was 1.55 miles. (overall 4.8 miles) I drove to the ball fields in Nolensville & ran around the walking path that goes around the fields.  Got done just as pee wee football practice was starting at 6pm.  I know that 800s are just barely shy of 1/2 a mile but I didn't hit stop till I saw the .5.  I rested for 2 minutes in between each one.  I wonder what the times would've been had I been on a REAL, bouncy, track like the THS track in Tullahoma.  I know you're supposed to try to bring the times down as you do them but that last one, I was toast & the ragweed allergies started to kick in.  I had a sneezing fit as I drove home.  ;-(   I do feel better this morning than I did yesterday, thank goodness.

1st:    3:41
2nd:  3:37
3rd:   3:34
4th:   3:36  (just couldn't push the last one below 3:34)

Did 1/2 an hour of stretching/yoga, too, when I got home.

Today:  ab ripper this morning & this afternoon will be 30 mins yoga, 35 mins bike, IT Band exercises at the gym, & the 2 mi walk to & from gym.

Tomorrow:  "2 a day Wednesday" ;-)

GREAT source of simple track workouts. 

3 comments:

Old Man said...

You know that shows you've got the fitness to run a 3:37.

Glad you switched the format back on your blog. This looks better.

Lisa said...

Yeah, I had switched it & couldn't figure out how to switch it back. ;-)

I read on the same blog that I linked here that doing 10 X 800s & taking the average from those 10 will likely show you your fitness level for the marathon. I know I couldn't have held those times for 10 of them. Maybe if I had started with the first few at 3:50, 3:45-ish... Probably not a good time to "test" that theory with 3 1/2 weeks left before Chicago.

On the Right Track said...

Keep it up girl!!! I can't wait to hear about Chicago...and yes...the memorial is something to be seen in one's lifetime....remember here like it was yesterday...