Since the main road of our 'hood is going through some "renovations" & part of the street lights are out, I took the cowards way out yesterday. I ran 3.5 miles easy on the deathmill, 35 minutes on the bike, & ab ripper.
Today, I'm doing 30 minutes of Jillian Michael's yoga.
This Sunday is my birthday.....I'm turning 46.
Amazing that I've lived this long. LOL! I plan to at least double that. ;-P
Honestly, it won't surprise me if I do live until I'm 92+ years old.
My dad's parents & grandparents lived into their 80's & 90's.
(Mom's side of the family is/wasn't that healthy. Sorry, but it's true.)
How does it feel to make it to my mid-40's?
Well, I don't have anything that I'm taking meds for except allergies & migraines.
No high cholesterol, no high blood pressure, no depression, no obesity, etc....
Heck, I'm only about 7 lbs heavier than high school weight.
I'm running faster than I ever have in my "running" life.
I barely drink at all & I've never even put a cigarette to my mouth.
Nobody can ever accuse me of abusing my body.
I'm as healthy as a horse as they say....why do they say that?
So, to those who ask me what my secret is....there it is & I know I've been LUCKY.
Age 46, I'll take it & run with it! ;-)
Tomorrow, Joe & I will trek over to the Franklin Square along with more than a few other NRC runners to do the "Jingle Bell 5k". I'm going to do a 3 mile warm up & allow myself at least 10-15 minutes to rest before the race starts. My 5k PR is 24:40 so I should beat that barring anything crazy happening to my body but you never know. The most important thing is to get 14 miles on my legs tomorrow.
After I cool down a bit & catch my breath, I'm going to finish up my 14 miles for the day. We have the "Rudolph Red Nosed 5k" downtown Nashville before the parade next Friday night & that will be our LAST race of the year. I will NOT be wrapping anymore "training" miles around a race anytime soon.
To those running the St. Jude Marathon in Memphis this weekend, Good Luck! ;-)
1 comment:
Happy early birthday lady! You rock! I thought you were in your 20's with your crazy pace! hehe! xoxoxoxoxo!
Post a Comment