Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving week runs so far...

Tues: 4.5 miles easy 9:34 pace, ab ripper, & 20 mins on bike at gym

Wed: 7 miles tempo 8:33 pace with some hills (ugh, little too dehydrated for this run)

Mile 1: 8:44
Mile 2: 8:27
Mile 3: 8:48
Mile 4: 8:00
Mile 5: 8:32
Mile 6: 8:46
Mile 7: 8:34

59:51 time

Today it was cooler, overcast, & cloudy so I suggested getting the "long run" done. We took water & nuun with us, of course. I was way more hydrated.

13.1 8:48 pace, 1:55:24

Mile 1: 9:11
Mile 2: 9:02
Mile 3: 8:55
Mile 4: 8:34
Mile 5: 8:37
Mile 6: 8:38
Mile 7: 8:36
Mile 8: 8:35
Mile 9: 8:36
Mile 10: 8:55
Mile 11: 8:56
Mile 12: 8:48
Mile 13: 9:09
.1: 8:13

We eased into it & tried to stay steady. I am pretty happy with this run since i ran it on tired legs. I never run long the day after a tempo run!

I want my marathon pace at 8:50 or slightly below. I do NOT want to BQ by the skin of my teeth. I want to know that I will be able to register for Boston once I qualify. I have a lot of work to do but I feel stronger than ever. :-)

1 comment:

Michelle @ www.movinitwithmichelle.com said...

You need to come help me with my speed! You are a rockstar love.