Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Busy Week!

Sunday....We met with some "Couch to 5k" runners.  I got in a total of 5.71 miles with them, which averaged out around a 10:30-ish pace.  I did my weekly weights & bike at the gym.  I also did Erin's yoga.  I have got to make myself do my "Yoga for Runners" dvd on Thursday or friday this week.  The Viola half is Saturday morning & I must have the legs stretched out.  Tandy, Keith, Zack, Joe, & Lisa Z. are all going.  Some of us are riding together in Zack's van.  That meet up at 4:45am on Saturday in Nolensville will be rough!  Getting up a little earlier for summer runs is about to take off!  The Viola half starts at 7am, thank God, but it's a little over an hour away & we all need to do packet pick up & hit the portajohns. 
I'll be getting up around 3:45am to drink my coffee & eat before we leave at 4:30am to meet the early morning party van.  LOL!  As I've said, I've got no expectations for this warm,  hilly half marathon.  We'll get it done & they we'll all hit up the "crack" barrel for breakfast. 

Yesterday...I ran 5 miles pre-"couch to 5k" & man did it feel hard.  My body could feel the temperature change big time.  It was an 8:41 pace that progressively got faster with the last mile being 8:14 so I'm happy with it but...."bleh".  The "Couch to 5k" group was missing a few of it's slower runners so overall they were a lot faster yesterday.  Most of them were well  under a 10 minute pace.  Wednesday, they'll be feeling the heat, though.  I think we need to slow them down a little & keep it flatter to ease them into the temperature change.  We covered a big hill that's not on the actual 5k course. Had we had our slower runners, I suspect they would have walked up most of it.  Nobody walked it yesterday but these were our stronger runners.  We even had a few 5:1's move to our group & they smoked it! 

Tomorrow morning, I'm hauling my butt out of bed at 4:30am to get in 5 miles before work.
"Hello Summer Running!"

No comments: