Monday, May 20, 2013

Hello Humidity!

We ran 3.1 miles (28:40 time) with the some of the "Road Runners" (Couch to 5k) group yesterday.
We started at 8am & we ended up with a 9:35 pace.
We were all drenched. 
I got my weights & some time on the bike in along with Erin's yoga class.
I felt pretty good yesterday even though the knee & hand I fell on during the Viola half were sore & a little swollen.  Yoga was a bit complicated since you have to use your knees in floor positions. Ouch!

Nothing's broken but it still makes me a little ticked that I had such a "spill" like that.
All that rain on those country asphalt roads just made it a little slippery in places.
If I had not fallen, I know I could have gone under 2 hours. They emailed me my official time for that hilly, humid event.  Very cool that they can do that via their timing device.
I was actually 2:00:59 Saturday.  Factor in my fall & trying to get back into a "groove" I have no doubt that at least a full minute would have been taken off this time.
On that course in those conditions, I'll take it.  ;-)

I've already ab ripped today & this afternoon I'll be running some slow miles on my own & with the "Couch to 5k" program. Tomorrow, I'm hoping to drag my butt out of bed early for a few miles. We have the "Bash of the Titans" thing via my work to attend. Should be fun!

No comments: