Monday, May 6, 2013

"Couch to 5k" Program & the Rutherford Relay for JDRF

Last week I eased back into some miles, mostly with the "Couch to 5k" program that I'm helping mentor. It's so much fun & so rewarding. So, we're both busy on Monday & Wednesday nights helping with that. It's just what my soul needed, though. I have to admit I had to fight back tears yesterday when Lauren's little sis, Meredith, told me she couldn't do this without my help & she told me I was a great mentor.  She is a doll & doing awesome! 
I really hope we keep a lot of these folks running after the program is completed. It is such an honor to be able to work with these new runners & I'm really grateful that the club is doing this for the community.

As for what all I did last week as far as running….I had a total of 24 miles….nearly 13 of it was during the very RAINY Rutherford Relay. It was a cold rain so I wore my CW-X tights & brought along several long sleeve ice breaker shirts. Once I would get through the first quarter mile, I would warm up, plus, I wore a visor so the rain didn't bother me too bad. It was the flooding, mud, & busy Murfreesboro traffic that bothered me the most. YES, this is the 2nd weekend in a row I've been out in cold rain but at least I was moving this time. We had fun, though. We had 7 teams from the Nolensville Run club that did the relay. Last year, I think we just had 3 teams. I didn't take any pics this year since it was so nasty outside but a lot of folks did & they're all over our club's facebook page.

Leg 1:  5.19 miles
Time 40:36 (Mostly flat with a few little rises & all asphalt road)

Mi 1- 7:40
Mi 2- 7:46
Mi 3- 7:40
Mi 4- 7:59
Mi 5- 7:50
.19- 7:57

Leg 2:   3.55 miles
Time 29:16 (in the flooded, muddy park & some concrete sidewalks...my legs hate concrete.)

Mi 1- 7:52
Mi 2- 8:11
Mi 3- 8:22
.55- 8:50

Leg 3:   3.96 mies
Time 33:46 (on some busy 'boro roads. DD passed me here. He grabbed my shirt & I took a swing at him. I bet the runners behind us thought we were fighting! LMAO!)

Mi 1- 8:16
Mi 2- 8:19
Mi 3- 8:56
Mi 4- 8:35

Our team name was "8 Boobs & a dude". We had a blast but we were so glad to be done. The rain stopped when we were all finished!  At least we got to eat at the finish line without getting soaked.  

As to how I'm feeling? 
Well, I was questioning my recovery last week but after this weekend, there's no question. I'm recovered from the Carmel Marathon & I'm ready to roll on…..

No comments: