Wednesday, May 15, 2013

early morning run....bleh...

I'm glad I don't have to get these miles in this afternoon pre-"couch to 5k" but ugh...I felt like a zombie the first mile & a half for sure. I've got to get my body used to getting up early.  Granted, I'll likely only run maybe 2 early mornings a week for right now but this is always a struggle for me. For one, I'm hungry, so I eat a little something light before I head out...and 2, I just run faster in the afternoons after sitting on my butt all day eating. 
I'm doing P90X ab ripper when I get home & stretching out.  I look to get around 2.5 miles in with the couch to 5k program since I'll likely hang back with the slower runners & it's hot. Mid-80's today!  That will give me well over 7 miles for today & I'm ok with that right now.  I'm trying to keep my weekly mileage between 28-32 miles a week right now.

5 miles - 9:19 pace - 46:32
Mi 1- 10:05 (up & over hills to the back of our 'hood)
Mi 2- 9:53 (up & over hills at the front of our 'hood)
Mi 3- 8:37 (heading down Sunnywood drive which has a slight downhill)
Mi 4- 8:44 (some down hill & then heading back to Avery Park Dr)
Mi 5- 9:14 (always an up hill to the front door....ALWAYS....)

This my running friends is why I don't like to run in our 'hood ALL THE TIME.
I feel like this is where my IT Band issues stemmed from pre-NYC marathon 2011.
Running hills as much as I did that summer/fall really sucked.
It pays to mix up the terrain/elevation a bit.
It is nice to see day breaking now before 5:30am, though. 

I'm not running tomorrow or friday.  I want some fresh, stretched out legs for Viola.
We have another busy Saturday ahead of us with an early morning drive to Viola, TN & the Arrington Winery that night. Must get in power nap.....
I signed us both up for the Josh Byer's 10k for Memorial day.
This will be interesting because I know I'll likely get a PR, (HOPEFULLY) but it will eat at me mentally knowing I ran 6.2 miles way faster in the winter during long training runs.
Yes, I know.....that's some whacked thinking but it is what it is...
If I can run faster than 52 minutes, I'll get an "offical" 10k PR but there were times over the last 4-5 months, I ran the first 6.2 miles of a tempo run at around 48-49 minutes.

Ok, enough whining analyzing.....

No comments: