Sunday, May 26, 2013

Since Friday evening...

Yeah, Three Day Weekend & WE STAYED HOME!  ;-)

Friday evening, I ran with Traci & Blake in Crockett Park. We started just after 6pm & I just wasn't feeling it that much.  I ran with a fuel belt for the first time in a very long time.  The plan was 8 or 10 miles & we ended up with 9.18.  I started feeling more into it as the temperature seemed to fall a bit & we were in more shade.  We were in a pace where we talked pretty much the entire time except for the final 1.18.  Traci & I pushed the pace down trying to focus on catching & passing a guy.  She almost got him but I was probably a good 30-40 seconds off.  ha!  Hey, whatever works!

9.18 miles - 1:23:08 - 9:04 pace

Mile 1- 9:21
Mile 2- 8:55
Mile 3- 8:55
Mile 4- 9:02
Mile 5- 9:25
Mile 6- 9:49 (Blake cramped up a bit & we waited on him to stretch it out)
Mile 7- 9:20
Mile 8- 8:58
Mile 9- 8:07 (I actually saw my garmin dip down to 7:15-7:30 a few times)
      .18- 7:19

I did ab ripper before work so friday was a decent calorie burn kinda day.

Saturday, I got in my weights & time on the bike/elliptical that I usually do Sundays.

Sunday, We (including D.D.) met David V. for a run.  I'll cut the others some slack since it was a holiday weekend but he was our only C25K'er to show for a weekend run today.  He has a goal of running the Murfreesboro half & I can already tell, this guy will do GREAT in his first half marathon. I asked him what his longest run was & he said 3.5 miles.  We took him on a "slower than he's used to" pace up some hills for 4.1 miles & then he finished strong with just over a 10 minute pace overall.  ;-)
I did yoga, ab ripper, & got in 40 minutes on the bike today, also. 

We did some Spring cleaning & got so many things accomplished including dinner with our soon to be Noblesville, Indiana friends. Sad to see them go but at least we know they will be our "stop over" on our trips to Michigan now.

Happy Memorial Day!
Always remember those who serve & have served our country.  Joe & I are joining a lot of other Nolensville Run club members tomorrow for the Josh Byers 10k
My goal: have fun, try not to die in the heat, & if it rains....not fall!  LOL!

No comments: