I ran basically the same 4.5 miles I did last Wednesday night but much faster. I even ran with the same people. (Blake & Jo Ann) This week the pace was 8:58 with the last half mile at an 8:35 pace.
Maybe, just maybe that's a little sign of heat acclimation already kicking in.....hopefully.
I also ran with Vicki V. who moved up to the runner group from the 5:1 group. She hung with Lauren, Meredith, & me for the first mile or so & then took off. I sped up to catch her since I wasn't sure she knew how to get back to the school. I was right, she didn't. She ran 3.1 miles at a 10:20 pace. She should have been in the runner group all along. She seemed pretty proud to cover the complete 5k distance. She said it had been many years since she had run a 5k.
4.5 + 3.1 = 7.6 (not bad for a warm Wednesday afternoon)
I did my usual ab ripper before work yesterday but I'm still not getting in any other P90X work outs right now. I have a feeling that might happen after the "Couch to 5k" program ends on June 15th & after I do the inaugral Franklin Half June 22nd. End of June through July just might be the time to do it before marathon training starts to kick in a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment