Saturday, July 13, 2013

13.1 mile training run & adventure

We started at Mamas Java shortly after 5am this morning with Andrea, Jo Ann, & Traci.  Joe had us pushing the pace from the start but we kept it flat.  I'm working on trying new things with nutrition so I had a caffeinated power gel with me that I took at mile 7.  It went down well & wasn't near as thick as the gu. 
We ran just over 3 miles flat then swung back to Mamas Java for the 5:30am runners.  Derek, Mandy, & Grant joined us there. Then we headed out on the hilly 6+ mile loop.  I had circled Mamas in order NOT to stop my garmin so by the time we left there for the hilly loop I had 3.5 miles. We did the loop in reverse of how we've been doing it lately.  It always seems more difficult for me this way.  
When we got back to Nolensville Pike, I needed another 2.5+ miles so I stayed with Derek & Grant.  The weather was AWESOME!!! 
 I realized I should've been drinking more when my left toes started to cramp a little so my last few miles slowed down.  I don't care. It just felt good to get in a solid 13.1 miles in July!!  

13.1 miles - 1:54:52 -8:46 pace

Mile 1: 8:31
Mile 2: 8:03
Mile 3: 8:13
Mile 4: 9:00 (circling 5:30 crew)
Mile 5: 8:50
Mile 6: 8:47
Mile 7: 8:39 (power gel...not a bad taste at all)
Mile 8: 8:35
Mile 9: 8:19
Mile 10: 8:50
Mile 11: 9:07
Mile 12: 9:47 (cramping toes)
Mile 13: 9:18 (up hill in front of old MJs)
      .1: 9:24 (circling new MJs parking lot)

We hung out & ate breakfast with DD & Grant in Mamas.  
We showered & headed to find Roy & the Diane's who are doing a 314 mile, 10 day running event.  I cannot think of the name of it but it is definitely something I will never do. LOL!   We didn't find Diane B. but we found Diane T. & Roy in & around Parsons, TN.
This little road trip was an adventure for us but nothing compared to what these two are experiencing.  Diane is "unsupported" & Roy is "supported".  Can't wait to hear their stories when they're done. 
Fun filled day that's not over yet....

1 comment:

Old Man said...

Last Annual Vol State, it's on Facebook.