Tuesday, July 16, 2013

speed work....


Yesterday I did P90x ab ripper in the morning & met the "speed work" group after work at about 6:30pm. We stood there staring at the blazing sun wishing a cloud would cover it like last week. I bet there were 30+ runners who showed up either to "just run"...."walk"....or "do speed work"....on a Monday night. This running club started by meeting on Wednesdays & Saturdays...now there's an "unofficial 3rd week day meeting". LOVE IT!
We had Pam P. Russ, Diana P., Stephanie S., David D., Tandy, her daughter, Jamie, & Jo Ann. Joe ran in our 'hood since we had Joey. Joey is on a plane by himself for the first time heading to MI to spend time with his grandparents. He's 13 so this is a big deal. ;-)
I ran 1.22 very slow to "warm up" the legs. We then whined a little more about the heat & got started.
We started right at the end of the road where you turn in behind Nolensville Elementary. Luckily, everyone that was running last night had already arrived.
My 800s were like this.....3:25 (too fast!), 3:31, 3:32, & then I pushed for 3:27 on the 4th one. We rested for about 1 to 2 minutes in between since it was so hot & we needed our fluids. After my 4th one, I had to lay down on the sidewalk so the world would stop spinning. LOL! I did 1:14 as a cool down once I peeled myself off the sidewalk. Overall.......4.36 miles in the heat.  The ones new to speed work did an awesome job!
Next week........we'll be in Michigan & I should be able to do 5 X 800s in the morning up there....somewhere.....maybe the high school track will be open...
I'm hoping the Paint Creek trail isn't too "buggy" like it was last summer. I would totally love to run 8 or 10 miles on it Saturday morning.
Today I am going to try to stretch some of the "speed" out of my legs before I head over to run with Wayne & Kate J. at the Wild Wing Cafe run meet up.  Wings...yum!


No comments: