Wednesday, July 24, 2013

1st run on "2 a day Wednesday"

I was wide awake early enough to get in 5.32 miles before hitting the shower this morning & heading to work.  I always hate the first day back at work after being off a few days.

This run was just straight out "blah".  My body is tight from yesterday's car ride & it's screaming for yoga.  I'm definitely doing the "Yoga for Runners" dvd before Saturday morning's planned 14 miler.  (Yes, we plan to do another one...) 
Just wasn't feeling it this morning but I think I'll enjoy this afternoon's run a lot better.  I'm thinking I'll run with Joe on another route that takes us through Bent creek.
Jo Ann is running with Meredith & the other former "c25k'ers" are knocking out the 5+ mile hilly route.  They know it pretty well now & hopefully Meredith will become very familiar with it over the next few weeks. 

5.32 miles - a lot of hills on tired, tight legs - 9:01 pace - 48 minutes flat

Mi 1- 9:34
Mi 2- 9:01
Mi 3- 8:53
Mi 4- 8:57
Mi 5- 8:43 (at least I sped up just a bit)
   .32-9:21 (uphill finish)

No comments: