I rolled out of bed for 4 miles this morning feeling "groggy". I didn't sleep well so I choked down a vanilla caffeinated gu with some water & got out the door a 4:55am. I felt tired, period & I tried to avoid some of the hills.
My plan is to run an easy 3 miles with Wayne & Kate J. with the Wild Wings group tonight giving me 7 miles for the day.
Tomorrow morning, I'm going out for an easy 3-3.5 miles. Thursday morning, I'm running the Maryland Farms Firecracker 5k. I do NOT expect much since I HATE heat & I HATE 5ks. It's like pulling a bandaid off a hairy scrape on your knee. OUCH!
My 5k PR is from last December & it was something like a 23:40. I will do good to get anywhere near 24 minutes in this heat but it is what it is.....I'm considering it "speed work" for the week!
4 miles - 8:25 pace
Mi 1: 9:27 (yawwwnnn...)
Mi 2: 8:04
Mi 3: 7:49
Mi 4: 8:19
No comments:
Post a Comment