Wednesday, July 3, 2013

"rest"

I tend to do "active" resting.  Meaning on days where I don't run, I sometimes spin my legs on a stationary bike at the gym, do yoga, a 16 minute P90x ab ripper dvd, or I walk.  (Or a combo of all of them.) 
Some peeps totally do nothing but "rest" on rest days.  I choose to do what I want to do & so far it's not bothered me at all but due to my sore hammies, I skipped this mornings planned easy 3-3.5 mile run.  I chose to do ab ripper & stretch some more instead of rolling out of bed for such a short run.

Other than the tight hammies, I feel awesome.  I'm very happy to be running the 5k tomorrow & possibly running 8-10 miles Friday morning, then getting a message.  It's going to be a great weekend in Indianapolis on the lake with good friends. 
Happy 4th of July!

No comments: