Wednesday, July 31, 2013

3 "recovery" miles & 4.64 early morning miles in the rain

Yesterday morning before work, I did 35 minutes of my "Yoga for Runners" dvd to try to stretch out some of the "speed work" from Monday night.  I felt ok but I have to admit, the 3 "easy" miles I did with Kate J. yesterday with the "Wild Wings Run" group were hard.  My legs were feeling the effects of the speed work & last week's 42 mile week, plus I was HUNGRY!
I did 3.01 at a 9:50 pace then I ran into the restaurant & ordered a plate full of boneless wings.  My body was craving protein so bad I was shaking. Joe & I were were shoving them in fast & then I accidentally dropped two of them on the floor!  Not cool!!!

This morning I was excited that it wasn't raining hard but it was a light sprinkle. I did 4.64 miles at the front of our 'hood where it's hilly.  My legs did feel better than last night, thank goodness.  This actually "looks" like a progression run but it was totally unintentional.  41:25 time, 4.64 miles, 8:56 pace....9:35, 9:11, 8:42, 8:29, & the last .64 was uphill at 8:33....
I'll take it as my first run on "2 a day Wednesday".

The plan tonight is to run with Crystal for most of if not all of her 7 miles.  She's going on vacation this weekend & doesn't want her long run of 7 miles hanging over her head.  She's also about 2-3 weeks ahead of her "Middle Half" training but she's 27 years old with youth on her side & obviously, an overachiever.  ;-)

No comments: