Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Speed work @ Ravenwood High School

I raced home to stretch & knock out P90x ab ripper before meeting DD & Jo Ann at Publix to car pool to Ravenwood.  I'm determined to get on a track for the remainder of my speed work because it's so much more nicer on the legs.  We'll see how that goes once school starts, though.
I did a 1.26 miler warm up on the track.  For some reason, it was a little hard to get them going & I'm sure the 42 miles from last week didn't help any.  My warm up was 1.26 at 12:50 but I think I stopped & talked during this also.
The cool down was 1.06 at a much faster pace of 9:31.  LOL!
Even though I did 6 X 800s last week, I decided to keep it at 6 this week, too.  Not that yesterday was terribly hot at all but I could tell a difference over last weeks early morning temperature in Michigan during the 800s.  These felt a little harder & it showed. (3:36, 3:34, 3:34, 3:30, 3:34, 3:34)  I rested for a minute in between these & drank my grape Nuun.  I had finished off a big bottle of zipfizz at work.  I was plenty hydgrated, thank goodness.  Next week, we'll shoot for 7 X 800s.  Joe keeps reminding me that my 800s are faster than they were during the winter, which is great.  I'll chalk it up to being better conditioned & heat trained.

By the time we reach 10 X 800s & then do a one mile time trial the week after, I'll be ready for this to be overwith because my long runs will be up there.  I have switched them around again & I'm still unsure about the placement of them but they'll get done. 

Overall I feel great.  I'm getting enough sleep or my body is adjusting...who knows.  Marathon #13 will be my 3rd attempt to go under 3:55.  The Monumental Indianapolis folks have teased us with previews of the shirts.  They look like bike shirts.  Cool!

No comments: