Monday, January 14, 2008

Cross training around Football

1st, I would like give a big BLOG Hi-5 to Lana who got her sub-4 hr in AZ. She worked her butt off for it! I've always heard that the Rock n' Roll AZ marathon was a good PR course. She picked a good one from what I know from others who've done it & loved it.

2nd, congrats to my brother in law, Mark, & his brother, David, on their Disney finish. They started @ 6am in thick fog, heat, & humidity. From what my sis said, David had issues with a knee & the allergy meds Mark had to get on last week didn't help much. Mark has started on his master's degree & David is apparently working on his PhD so it will be a long time before they'll have time to train for another. Also, my nephew, Austin, scored 15 of the 31 pts on his city league basketball team. He's on 2 teams right now, Middle school & the league one. Straight A's in honors classes & a great little athlete... I'm such a prould Aunt! :P I have to admire my sis in how she balances 2 kids who are active in sports, a husband who has to travel a lot for his job, 2 dogs, & a full time job. (She's a tamed down Bre Van deCamp!)

In between the Colts loss & me screaming my head off for little Eli, I did cross train yesterday. I spent 1 hr & 5 mins on the elliptical (SLOWLY), yoga ball crunches, & stretched. Not at all sure what I'll do tonight, but I'm guessing I'll bundle up & head to the track & run around THS. It will be a 2 glove run tonight, I'm sure. Brrrrrr.......

This entire week including the upcoming weekend look to be COLD. I would like to run the 10 mile route in Winchester that Michelle H. & I used to do but do it 2x. I will just play it by ear. I'm starting to think that I should shorten the next 2 long runs, but run them on hills & faster. I've got the endurance to run/jog/walk a marathon but the hills of Mt. Mercedes look to be the biggest challenge for me. I cannot allow myself to be totally worn out early in that race because of the hills. Like I've said before, I don't expect much on finish time but I don't want to be crawling at the end especially since it's all down hill after mile 23 from what I can tell on the elevation map. Oh well, no sense obsessing about what I cannot control. After it's done, healing, speed, & shorter races are on my agenda until I know if I'm in NY. Speaking of NY, getting from a hotel near the finish line in Central Park to the starting line in Staten Island looks intimidating to me. IF I do get into this race, working out the logistics will be a challenge!

Go Giants!

No comments: