Monday, January 21, 2008

Sinus/Migraine Pain, 15.75 treadmill miles, & football

Med-Long run:
First of all, I had every intentions on doing approximately 20 miles in Winchester this weekend. The bitter cold & my sinus pain kept me in doors. At one point yesterday (Sunday), I had an organic heating wrap on my sinuses, heating pad on my neck, amoxilcilan & relpax in me. Talk about mixing drugs! By 2pm, I seem to come out of it but decided that Sunday would be a total rest day. I had run/walked/worked out Fri & Sat at the gym so I wasn't feeling all that guilty. So, I went to the gym today, Mon. I ran, walked, jogged, & threw in hills. I jogged slowly for a mile on an incline that actually made my hips hurt. I got in a total of 15.75 miles on the dang dreadmill today. I was not about to start it up again to even out the mileage or try to get to 20. I was drenched, the power tools were getting on my nerves (renovations started), & I was starving. I took a shower & had a late lunch with my friend, Joanie. I went back later for light arm weights, yoga ball crunches, stretching, 30 SLOW mins on the elliptical, & 15 SLOW mins on the bike.

Football:
I simply believe that Brett Farve is one of the classiest guys in the NFL. I feel like I grew up with him because he's really not that much younger than me. Remember his cameo in "There's Something about Mary"? Too funny! But I cannot contain my glee over the fact that Eli has finally come out of his big brother's shadow. The Giants fought HARD for that win yesterday.
Those players & die hard fans were freezing their butts off at both games yesterday. Yeah, the Brady Bunch won again. I don't like Phillip Rivers so I was glad. I like LaDanian Tomlinson so I felt bad for him & of course Billy Volek. I actually felt sorry for the Packers but hey somebody has to lose & it just wasn't the Charger's or the Packer's to win yesterday. Yeah, on Feb 3rd, I will be for the "under dog" again. I can't help it. The odds are not in their favor in a big way but sometimes the unthinkable happens. It will be "David & Goliath" on Super Bowl Sunday.
GO GIANTS!!!

No comments: